Album Review - Taylor Swift folklore

July 25, 2020



Hey there Lovelies,

For those you know me personally know that I am a huge fan of Taylor Swift, I have been for over 10 years. So when I heard she was releasing a surprise album less than 24 hours before it was released I was ecstatic. 

On July 23rd Taylor announced that she would be releasing a surprise album called 'folklore' at midnight. It was a great surprise to hear. I couldn't wait to hear it, And trust me it didn't disappoint, the album was incredible, very whimsical and magical. Taylor started out by posting cryptical photos to Instagram of trees which once the final photo was up we realized was the cover of the album. 

She also announced that she will be releasing a music video for her song Cardigan, That music video gave me peter pan vibes it was beautiful. This was a lot of information in a matter of 20 minutes and I loved it. The cinematography was stunning. The visuals were beautiful.

This album is so raw and beautiful. She tells stories through each song, they are read like diary entries. This is nothing like Taylor has ever released. it's more of an indie record. Her voice suits every single song, it just proves that she really can sing anything. Taylor manages to retell stories through each song even if some of the stories aren't hers. She also makes each song personal. 'The last great American dynasty' was about what she imagines the lives of the people that lived in her house in the past. 'Betty' is old school country Taylor. 

Album Tracks
1. The 1
2. Cardigan
3. The last great American dynasty
4. Exile (ft Bon Iver)
5. My tears Ricochet
6. Mirrorball
7. Seven
8. August
9. This is me trying
10. Illicit affairs
11. Invisible string
12. Madwoman
13. Epiphany
14. Betty
15. Peace
16. Hoax

Bonus track

17. The lakes

The fact that she created this album in quarantine is absolutely incredible. 

I highly recommend this album to everyone. 

Rating 5/5

I can't choose a favourite they are all amazing and if I do it will probably change by tomorrow. I have listened to the album so many times and it just keeps getting better and better. 

Have you listened to this album and what do you think?

I hope you enjoyed my review.

Happy listening
Danii

You Might Also Like

0 comments