Pink Lake Melbourne

February 17, 2020

Hey there friends,
If you are from Melbourne you have probably heard about the Pink Lake near the West Gate Bridge.
Back in March 2019 I decided to go and check it out. So here are some pictures.
IMG_0094.jpg


IMG_5215.jpg

img_0093.jpg

img_0088.jpg

According to the Parks Victoria Website: The pink is caused by Algae growing in the salt crust at the bottom of the lake and it produces the red pigment (beta carotene) as part of its photosynthesis process and in response to extremely high salt levels.
The best time to see the lake this beautiful shade of pink is usually in the warmer months. I went back in March and it was still pink.
I hope you enjoyed my post.
This was on my bucket list and can now be crossed off.
Until next time
xoxo Danii

You Might Also Like

0 comments