Geocaching for the first time.

March 09, 2020



Hey there friends,

I have seen so many people on tik tok and Instagram going geocaching, So I thought why not give it a try and see what all the hype is.

I downloaded an app to help find where they are. The app was great it gave you exact locations and if a lot of people have found it or if its a waste of time.

We went to our caravan by the beach this weekend for Labour Day long weekend, my dad and I thought it would be the perfect opportunity to give geocaching a try.

There were a few on the way there but we stopped at 2 sadly we couldn't find them. But then we stopped at another one and after a few minutes of searching, we found it. It was a little canister with a little log sheet inside. I signed the log sheet put it back in the canister and put it back where I found it.



The next day we went to the lake near our caravan. The app said there were 4 around the lake. We first searched around a bridge but we had no luck. Next, we went to another one, sadly we couldn't find that one either. We were on to the next one. This one was supposed to be an easy one. We looked around for 5 minutes with no luck but then I spotted a tiny little canister on the ground and thought that might be it and it was. It was so little we could only write our initials on it. I put it back in the spot where it was supposed to be originally.  The last one was also an easy find, I found the spot where it was supposed to be and looked around, We found it. It was hanging on a tree. Again I signed it and put it back.






That was all I could find in walking distance of the caravan. But on the way back home we decided to take a different route and see if we could find some others. We ended up finding another one. I had made little badges in case I found a trading one. This canister was big enough to put a badge inside so I signed the log, left a badge and left. We went to another spot but no luck. There was so many along the street but we didn't have time to go all the way, Next time I will try and find more.



I can see how this can be addicting, I wanted to go and find so many more but I sadly didn't have time. I love this and whenever I go somewhere new I will try and find some more.

We got a few odd looks from passing drivers but we didn't care. It's also a great thing to do with other people, It's like a scavenger hunt. It was sad when we didn't find any but we just kept on going to the next one and crossed our fingers.

If I happen to find more I will make some more posts.

Well, that's all for today's post.

Have you tried geocaching? If so let me know your experience with it?

xoxo Danii

PIN IT 

You Might Also Like

0 comments